• Have a great summer Viks!
  • Congratulations to Jadie Hwang for placing 2nd in the WSPTA Relections in Literature!
  • Congratulations to the Inglemoor Crew Women’s 4+ boat for winning 5th at the US Rowing Youth National Championships!
  • Congratulations to National Merit Scholarship Recipient Senior Bennett Ye!
  • Congratulations to senior Ava Espiritu who won the League of Women Voters’s video contest!

Unified bowling looks for partners and players

Inglemoor’s unified bowling is looking for Special Olympic Athletes and Partners—students without intellectual disabilities—to participate in their second season that begins on January 6. 

After a successful first season with AJ Olson competing at state, Inglemoor’s unified bowling is looking for Special Olympic Athletes and Partners—students without intellectual disabilities—to participate in their second season that begins on January 6. 

The season will run from January 6, 2020 to February 11, 2020. The team will meet twice a week—once for practice and once for competition. 

Throughout their season, Unified Bowing will compete against teams from Bothell, North Creek and Woodinville. 

Special Olympics Washington is dedicated to promoting social inclusion through their sports training and competitions. 

“Unified Sports joins people with and without intellectual disabilities on the same team. It was inspired by a simple principle: training together and playing together is a quick path to friendship and understanding,” says the Special Olympics Washington website. 

Coaches Ric Calhoun and Jessica Huber are looking to recruit students for the upcoming season. Huber said that both her and Calhoun are excited for the second year of unified bowling. 

Rahima Baluch
The steps a player and partner should take if they are interested in joining Unified Bowling. Art by Rahima Baluch