Boys Basketball improving in the midst of a tough 2017-2018 campaign

Caden Frank, Reporter

Kyle Bender
Senior Spencer Johnson dribbles around the perimeter during their game against Issaquah.

Despite the difference in success from last season, the youthful roster has continued to work hard and focus on their team improvement as a whole. Coach Gregory Lowell said that improvement has been his main focus all year.

“They’ve improved in every area. Offensively, we are setting screens and moving better. Defensively, we’ve also been playing a lot better. Overall, from the beginning of the year until now, I’ve seen big improvements,” Lowell said.

Senior Spencer Johnson, one of two seniors on the team this year, said that he thinks highly of the team’s efforts throughout the season. Johnson was especially proud of the team in their rivalry matchup against Woodinville, a game in which the Vikings walked out with a 61-59 win in a big conference game.

In addition to the victory over Woodinville, the boys have handled North Creek twice winning 60-43, and then again 59-57.

In total, the Vikings have notched a record of 3-12 within the league. Though it is a big step down from last year’s season, the young team has continued to work hard and improve all year.

“Our goals may not have been met, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that we have been improving,” Johnson said. “I think that’s the most important part.”

Caden Frank, Reporter
Caden Frank is a first-year reporter for Nordic News. He is a junior who has gone to Inglemoor for all of high school. Caden loves to play sports, and he plays baseball and basketball for the school team. He enjoys hanging around large groups of friends and family. He is also a part of the...
Kyle Bender, Reporter/Photographer
New to staff this year, senior Kyle Bender serves as a reporter, photographer and co-host of the Awesome Possum Podcast. When Kyle isn’t cleaning a peanut butter-banana smoothie out of his laptop’s keyboard, he is a full IB student, Muay Thai master in training, guitarist and professional spicy meme chef.