• Homecoming tickets $30 with ASB card, $35 without ASB card from Sept. 17 to 21

• Open House on Sept. 20 at 6:30 p.m.

• Homecoming Football Game on Sept. 28

• Homecoming Dance on Sept. 29 at Inglemoor

Boys Basketball improving in the midst of a tough 2017-2018 campaign

Caden Frank, Reporter

Kyle Bender
Senior Spencer Johnson dribbles around the perimeter during their game against Issaquah.

Despite the difference in success from last season, the youthful roster has continued to work hard and focus on their team improvement as a whole. Coach Gregory Lowell said that improvement has been his main focus all year.

“They’ve improved in every area. Offensively, we are setting screens and moving better. Defensively, we’ve also been playing a lot better. Overall, from the beginning of the year until now, I’ve seen big improvements,” Lowell said.

Senior Spencer Johnson, one of two seniors on the team this year, said that he thinks highly of the team’s efforts throughout the season. Johnson was especially proud of the team in their rivalry matchup against Woodinville, a game in which the Vikings walked out with a 61-59 win in a big conference game.

In addition to the victory over Woodinville, the boys have handled North Creek twice winning 60-43, and then again 59-57.

In total, the Vikings have notched a record of 3-12 within the league. Though it is a big step down from last year’s season, the young team has continued to work hard and improve all year.

“Our goals may not have been met, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that we have been improving,” Johnson said. “I think that’s the most important part.”

Caden Frank, Sports Editor
Caden Frank is a 17 year old senior at Inglemoor high school. He is returning for his second year in Nordic and after being a reporter last year, Caden will be stepping into the role of Sports Editor for 2018-2019. Outside of Nordic, Caden is on a leadership team at Antioch Bible Church and takes...
Kyle Bender, Reporter/Photographer
New to staff this year, senior Kyle Bender serves as a reporter, photographer and co-host of the Awesome Possum Podcast. When Kyle isn’t cleaning a peanut butter-banana smoothie out of his laptop’s keyboard, he is a full IB student, Muay Thai master in training, guitarist and professional spicy meme chef.