• Winter activities assembly on Dec. 7

• Improv exhibition on Dec. 7 from 7:00 to 9:30 p.m.

• DECA Pre-Comps on Dec. 8

• Holiday music assembly on Dec. 18

• Winter break from Dec. 19 to Jan. 1

Boys Basketball improving in the midst of a tough 2017-2018 campaign

Caden Frank, Reporter

Kyle Bender
Senior Spencer Johnson dribbles around the perimeter during their game against Issaquah.

Despite the difference in success from last season, the youthful roster has continued to work hard and focus on their team improvement as a whole. Coach Gregory Lowell said that improvement has been his main focus all year.

“They’ve improved in every area. Offensively, we are setting screens and moving better. Defensively, we’ve also been playing a lot better. Overall, from the beginning of the year until now, I’ve seen big improvements,” Lowell said.

Senior Spencer Johnson, one of two seniors on the team this year, said that he thinks highly of the team’s efforts throughout the season. Johnson was especially proud of the team in their rivalry matchup against Woodinville, a game in which the Vikings walked out with a 61-59 win in a big conference game.

In addition to the victory over Woodinville, the boys have handled North Creek twice winning 60-43, and then again 59-57.

In total, the Vikings have notched a record of 3-12 within the league. Though it is a big step down from last year’s season, the young team has continued to work hard and improve all year.

“Our goals may not have been met, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that we have been improving,” Johnson said. “I think that’s the most important part.”

Caden Frank, Sports Editor

Senior Caden Frank is the Sports Editor of Nordic News for the 2018-2019 school year. He is returning for his second year in Nordic and after being a reporter...

Kyle Bender, Reporter/Photographer

New to staff this year, senior Kyle Bender serves as a reporter, photographer and co-host of the Awesome Possum Podcast. When Kyle isn’t cleaning a peanut...