• March 19Congratulations to the Drama Team for placing 6th for their Murder on the Nile and 27th for their Little Women performances at the State Drama competition!
  • March 19Congratualations to everyone who competed at DECA's State Career Development Conference and good luck to everyone competing at the International Career Development Conference!
  • March 19Congratulations to Shirin Choi, Irin Robinston and Joshua Zou for winning first place in their events at the FBLA Winter Leadership Conference!
  • March 19Good luck to Robotics Club at their competition on March 22-23 at Sammamish High School!
  • March 19Youth Poetry SLAM is on March 22 at the Hangar from 6-8 p.m.
  • March 19Register for Northshore cricket by March 22 to participate in a district-wide cricket tournament!

Principal finalists speak at community forum

The three principal finalist, from left to right Corey Eichner, Adam Desautels and Peter Schurke, answer the community’s questions on March 21.
Cami Brix

[Update 3/26/18: Adam Desautels was selected as the new principal of Inglemoor. He introduced himself to the student body over the intercom on the morning of March 26.]

After months of searching and deliberation, the Northshore School District presented three principal candidates in front of the Inglemoor community on March 21. During the two-hour forum, district employees, parents and community members had the opportunity to hear from and ask questions of the three finalists.

While the the district conducted a national search, the remaining candidates are all current assistant principals from the greater Seattle area. They include Issaquah High School’s Adam Desautels, Mountlake Terrace High School’s Peter Schurke and Renton High School’s Corey Eichner.

“It’s been a long process. Vicki Sherwood is a tough act to follow,” Northshore Executive Director of Human Resources and forum moderator Jeff Sherwood said.

The process began in January with gathering data from parents and students about what qualities they want to see in their principal, which was used as criteria during the a six-week recruitment period. Candidates were interviewed by a panel of teachers, students and community members and were required to submit a writing sample.

After the candidates were narrowed down to the three finalists, the district conducted site-visits to each finalists’ current school. The day prior to and they day of the community forum, finalists were given a tour of the Inglemoor campus. During the forum each finalists gave a 10-minute speech in which they explained their educational background, administrative achievements, and addressed goal five of NSD’s strategic plan: Ready for Lifelong Success after Graduation.

Following their brief presentations, the finalists answered the audience’s questions which were selected by the moderator. Improving sports success, increasing school safety, creating a more inclusive school culture, reaching the 24-core requirements and hiring and retaining good teachers were several of the topics addressed.

The evening ended with closing remarks from the finalists along with the audience submitting forms evaluating the finalists. Superintendent Michelle Reid will interview each of the candidates, review district and community feedback and make the final hiring decision.