• Homecoming tickets $30 with ASB card, $35 without ASB card from Sept. 17 to 21

• Open House on Sept. 20 at 6:30 p.m.

• Homecoming Football Game on Sept. 28

• Homecoming Dance on Sept. 29 at Inglemoor

Lady Viks advance to the Kingco playoffs for the 2nd straight year

Junior+Jenna+Troy+%28far+right%29+races+downcourt+against+rival%2C+Bothell+High+Schol.+The+Vikings+earned+a+76-58+victory.+
Junior Jenna Troy (far right) races downcourt against rival, Bothell High Schol. The Vikings earned a 76-58 victory.

Kyle Bender

Kyle Bender

Caden Frank, Reporter

As the season winds down and the KingCo girls team prepares for the playoffs, the Lady Viks are right in the middle of the playoff action. With a record of 10-8, the Vikings are currently in a good position to advance into the playoffs as the sixth seed.

Shaylen Haller, a senior captain on the girls team, said she knew the team had potential since their 68-65 win against Mount Si.

“We won on a last-second shot, and from then on we knew we were contenders. We have so much potential and we can’t wait to unleash it,” Haller said.

Head Coach Kristina Schumacher also expressed her excitement after that game saying it was her first time as a coach winning on a buzzer beater.

The girls, however, are looking to bigger and better things as they advance towards the postseason.

“One of our biggest goals is to get past the first round of KingCo, and we’re in the playoffs right now so that’s exciting. We’re really hoping to take care of a couple games down the stretch, and hopefully upset a team in the playoffs,” Schumacher said.

The girls, despite being younger and smaller than most teams, have continued to produce victories over the season. Haller said she believes a lot of that is due to the team’s drive.

“We have such a strong work ethic this year, and we’re willing to do whatever it takes to make it as far as we can,” Haller said, “What we lack in size, we make up for in hard work.”

Caden Frank, Sports Editor
Caden Frank is a 17 year old senior at Inglemoor high school. He is returning for his second year in Nordic and after being a reporter last year, Caden will be stepping into the role of Sports Editor for 2018-2019. Outside of Nordic, Caden is on a leadership team at Antioch Bible Church and takes...
Kyle Bender, Reporter/Photographer
New to staff this year, senior Kyle Bender serves as a reporter, photographer and co-host of the Awesome Possum Podcast. When Kyle isn’t cleaning a peanut butter-banana smoothie out of his laptop’s keyboard, he is a full IB student, Muay Thai master in training, guitarist and professional spicy meme chef.