Boys tennis dominates the Woodinville courts for a fourth consecutive win

3rd+doubles+player+Cosmo+Anthony-Mostad+hits+a+forehand+during+the+Woodinville+match.+The+match+was+lost+after+a+close+tiebreak%2C+ending+6-2%2C+2-6%2C+and+7-10.+Photo+courtesy+of+Jim+Orr.++
3rd doubles player Cosmo Anthony-Mostad hits a forehand during the Woodinville match. The match was lost after a close tiebreak, ending 6-2, 2-6, and 7-10. Photo courtesy of Jim Orr.

The boys tennis team controlled the courts on Friday, March 19, attaining their fourth consecutive win in a repeat defeat of the Woodinville tennis team. The team secured the match with a score of 6-1, an improvement from the 5-2 result against Woodinville on Tuesday. All four singles players held their own once again, and the first and second doubles teams came out of their losses on Tuesday to score an almost entirely clean sweep of the match, with the exception of a hard-fought loss on the third doubles court. 

Emboldened with the confidence of their earlier wins on Tuesday, all four singles players remained consistently aggressive throughout their matches, never letting their Woodinville opponents take the upper hand. First singles player and senior Adam Walter defeated opponent Carson Ward with set scores of 6-1, 6-3, a marked improvement from the third set tiebreak win he attained during Tuesday’s match. Second singles player and junior Alan Babadzhanov was a formidable force from the very start, concluding his first set 6-0 before winning the second at 6-4. Third singles player and freshman Charles Wait’s aggressiveness remained consistent during his rematch. Wait concluded his matches with scores of 6-2 and 6-3, a major improvement from the 0-5 deficit he faced during the original match. Lastly, fourth singles player and senior Daniel Orr’s hustle and strategy once again made him victorious over opponent Cadence Kirby, and he finished 6-3, 6-1. 

In the doubles lineup, strategic changes in the pairings proved effective, as both the first and second doubles teams secured the win this time around. First doubles players and juniors Roman Mar and Andras Marto defeated their opponents 6-4, 6-4, recovering Inglemoor’s loss during the Tuesday match. Second doubles players and seniors Nathan Guest and Anand Ochiryam were a formidable left-handed pair, winning 6-3, 7-6 (8-6). Although third doubles players and freshman Will Weber and Cosmo Anthony-Mostad faced threatening consistent and aggressive groundstrokes from their Woodinville opponent, the match was not lost without a hard fight. The duo took the first set 6-2 and lost the second 2-6 before continuing into an intense third-set tiebreaker, which they lost 7-10. They demonstrated impressive resilience and determination throughout. 

As Inglemoor secures their second victory against Woodinville and their fourth consecutive win of the season, a potentially undefeated season is on the horizon. The team will play Bothell next Tuesday and Thursday.