• Homecoming tickets $30 with ASB card, $35 without ASB card from Sept. 17 to 21

• Open House on Sept. 20 at 6:30 p.m.

• Homecoming Football Game on Sept. 28

• Homecoming Dance on Sept. 29 at Inglemoor

Spots to steal dates’ hearts

Ariane Apigo

Blank Space Cafe, Bellevue

Formality: 1/3   Price: $

Hidden behind the Bellevue Transit Center, Blank Space Cafe offers an intimate experience with its aesthetic atmosphere. Whether it’s just a stop for some bubble tea or there’s time to sit down for their picture-worthy waffles or toast boxes, this little cafe is the perfect place for an informal get together. Blank Space’s prices are mostly under $10, unless you’re planning on taking home a box of their delicious macarons, which are great gift ideas for that special someone. Finally, date nights can be commemorated by taking a photo with their Instagram post cutout before heading out the door.

Gameworks, Seattle

Formality: 1/3   Price: $-$$

In the heart of downtown Seattle, GameWorks video arcade awaits with over 180 interactive video, ticket and prize games. From ski ball to racing games, you can play by swiping a prepaid game card ranging from $5 to $50. GameWorks even offers an eSports Lounge filled with PCs, Xbox consoles and Wii U games, although there are additional charges for access. Despite how crowded the arcade can get, people won’t interrupt your experience. Food and drink are also available at the arcade.

Kirkland Waterfront

Formality: 1/3   Price: X-$$

If you’re looking for a more open-air outing without much of an agenda, head to downtown Kirkland. Meet at Starbucks, grab a meal at one of the many restaurants along the streets and enjoy the wide variety of desserts Kirkland has to offer, like candy store Rocket Fizz, ice cream parlor Sirena Gelato or bakery Sweet Cakes, which even sells gluten-free options. If the weather is to your liking, take a stroll along the waves, settle down in one of the parks outlooking Lake Washington and relax in each other’s company. For a less expensive alternative, you could even skip the whole downtown scene and pack yourselves a picnic instead.

Great Wheel, Seattle

Formality: 2/3   Price: $$-$$$

A fancier date spot is Pier 57 on Alaskan Way, where you can enjoy the views of Seattle’s skyline and the Puget Sound aboard the Seattle Great Wheel. A couple can take a ride on the wheel for $28. The ferris wheel is in operation from morning to late at night, so you can decide whether to see Elliot Bay sparkling in daylight or Seattle lighting up the night. Besides the Great Wheel, Miner’s Landing is known for being the life of Pier 57 with arcade games, a carousel, and several options for quick, casual bites.

Ariane Apigo, Design Editor
Ariane Apigo is the design editor of Nordic News. She is constantly drinking boba and taking pictures of it. She has quite a say in the artistic design of Nordic News, but in her opinion boba is the only real art. If you would like to donate to her cause, please drop by room 122...