• March 19Congratulations to the Drama Team for placing 6th for their Murder on the Nile and 27th for their Little Women performances at the State Drama competition!
  • March 19Congratualations to everyone who competed at DECA's State Career Development Conference and good luck to everyone competing at the International Career Development Conference!
  • March 19Congratulations to Shirin Choi, Irin Robinston and Joshua Zou for winning first place in their events at the FBLA Winter Leadership Conference!

Best hikes in Washington, according to Nordic

With+the+end+of+warm+weather+in+sight%2C+Nordic+has+put+together+a+list+of+the+best+hikes+in+Washington.+Art+by+Mia+Tavares.+
Mia Tavares
With the end of warm weather in sight, Nordic has put together a list of the best hikes in Washington. Art by Mia Tavares.

From the snowy mountains around Snoqualmie Pass to the deserts of Eastern Washington, the Greater Pacific Northwest has a hike for just about anyone. With only a couple weeks left before the rainy season hits, make sure to check out Nordic’s favorite hikes in Washington.

1. Lake 22
  2. Rattlesnake Ledge
  3. St. Edwards (close to home)
  4. Heybrook Lookout
  5. Lake Talapus

Lake 22 is located in the North Cascades right off Highway 92. This beautiful hike is 5.4 miles round trip, with a 1350 feet gain in elevation. The trail leads to a gorgeous crater lake surrounded by snowy hills. The lake gained much deserved popularity on Tik Tok and is a perfect hike to do with your quarantine group.

Rattlesnake Ledge is the perfect hike if you’re looking for a great view. Although the hike is closed for the time being, the 1160 feet elevation to the summit is breathtaking. It’s a 4mile roundtrip, with a stunning view of Rattlesnake Lake at the top. During the summer, this is a go-to destination for a good swim. 

If you’re looking for a fun and easy hike that’s close to home, St. Edwards State Park is located in Kenmore, just a couple of miles from Inglemoor. There’s a light gain of 400 feet. in elevation making it the perfect hike for you and your family. There are a variety of trails to choose from, ranging from 20 to about 45 minutes. The trail that leads around the perimeter,the widest trail, is only 0.62 miles and leads to a small beach with a 0.57 mile trail along the beach. The waterfront is both family and dog friendly and is open all year to the public. 

Heybrook Lookout is a short 2.6 miles roundtrip with an elevation gain of 850 feet Although this hike is short, it’s worth the drive. It is located near Stevens Pass in the Central Cascades. After reaching the peak and climbing the lookout tower, you’re met with miles and miles of greenery. The lookout is a great spot for a picnic and a great place to take a break before venturing back home. 

Located in the Snoqualmie Region, Lake Talapus is a 6.2 mile hike to the lake and back with an elevation of 1220 feet. The hike can be hard on your calves, but it leads you to a lake in the middle of the mountains. You can continue to hike to reach the summit, or you can stop, sit on the driftwood and enjoy all that the PNW has to offer.

Disclaimer: Always make sure to let someone know when and where you’ll be hiking! Drink water and have fun Vikings!