• February 5Purchase IHS Improv tickets! Second performance is Feb. 9 at 7 p.m. in the Little Theatre!
  • February 5Congratulations Nathan Choy and Franklyn Xue for qualifying for the American Invitational Mathematics Examination!
  • November 16Congratulations to “Murder on the Nile” for ranking first place in every category in the Seattle Repertory Theatre’s adjudication program!
  • November 16Congratulations to all our National Merit semi-finalists!

Biden takes the reins of a divided nation; starts work on first issues

President+Biden+has+signed+several+executive+orders+since+taking+office+on+Jan.+20%2C+promising+change+to+a+nation+crippled+by+a+deadly+pandemic+and+an+economic+recession.+
n/a
President Biden has signed several executive orders since taking office on Jan. 20, promising change to a nation crippled by a deadly pandemic and an economic recession.

Joseph R. Biden Jr. was sworn in as the 46th President of the United States on Jan. 20, promising change to a nation crippled by a deadly pandemic and economic recession. During his inauguration speech, Biden promised to be a president for all Americans and asked for unity between citizens, calling it “the most elusive of things in a democracy.”

In his first couple of days in office, Biden signed a series of executive orders, including orders that reinstated the U.S. in the Paris Climate Accord, declared climate change a national emergency, addressed racial equality and discrimination, and repealed the ban on Muslims entering the United States that was signed under former President Donald Trump.

Biden has also repealed the law that prohibited transgender people from serving in the U.S. military, and he has promised to increase both police and criminal justice reform.

For his first 100 days in office, Biden has introduced several plans; including those to vaccinate 100 million Americans against COVID-19 by the end of his first 100 days in office, halt family separation at the U.S.-Mexico border, and build on the Affordable Care Act.