Which fruit snack is better?

The+Nordic+staff+debates+the+difficult+question+of+which+fruit+snack+is+the+best%3A+Scooby+fruit+snacks+or+Motts%3F+
Tammi Tran
The Nordic staff debates the difficult question of which fruit snack is the best: Scooby fruit snacks or Motts?

Scooby-Doo fruit snacks are better. 

It’s time to step back and realize that the Scooby-Doo fruit snacks are at the top of the fruit snacks hierarchy. A childhood staple for many, the Scooby-Doo fruit snacks are flavorful, chewy and affordable for all. Why would you want to eat fruit-shaped fruit snacks when you can eat a blue raspberry-flavored Scooby? With six different characters to choose from, the wide range of flavors in a Scooby-Doo fruit snack pouch allow you to choose exactly which character you want to eat. Whether they are your favorite character or not, every fruit snack has the perfect amount of firmness to chewiness ratio. 

Think back to your elementary school days: after running around the playground and destroying your palms on the rusty, germ-infested monkey bars, you return to your classroom and rip open a packet of Scooby-Doo fruit snacks during snack time. Think about the jealousy you’ve provoked among your peers as you munch on Scooby and Shaggy. But you don’t just have to envision this scenario in an elementary school setting­—imagine the havoc you could create by opening one of those delicious pouches in the cafeteria. You will have students from every grade chasing after you, begging for just a single gummy.  

It’s also important to note that out of all six gummies, arguably the most flavor-packed gummy is the Scooby fruit gummy. The pale, opaque-blue colored gummy stands out among the rest. The Scooby gummy is blue raspberry-flavored, and anything artificially blue raspberry-flavored has proven to be the best. For example, the majority of the sane population love blue raspberry jolly ranchers, blue raspberry Airheads, blue raspberry Icees and so forth. Does Motts fruit snacks offer a blue raspberry?  

No matter how much fruit snack companies promote their fruit snacks as healthy and good for you, they are all full of sugar at the end of the day. So, if you’re going to eat a bunch of sugary fruit snacks anyway, they might as well be shaped like Scooby-Doo. Although Scooby-Doo fruit snacks aren’t entirely healthy, they will satisfy your sweet tooth. 

Mott’s fruit snacks are better.

The common resident of a child’s lunch bag: fruit snacks. They are a necessity in anyone’s life—and what better fruit snack to pick than Mott’s? Mott’s fruit snacks have grown to become a household staple, known for their flavor, fruitiness, and abundance of vitamins. The five uniquely-shaped gummies have been meticulously made to offer the perfect amount of chewiness to satisfy your craving.

Mott’s fruit snacks have also been known to stir up jealousy during your childhood—but this is not a fruit snack to leave in your childhood memories. These scrumptious treats are jam-packed with natural flavors and colors that give you 100% of your daily value of Vitamin C, even adding a bonus amount of Vitamin A, and they make your peers envious whenever you open a bag. While Mott’s uses a variety of fruit juice concentrates, Scooby-Doo fruit snacks only seem to use apple juice concentrate and less than two percent of “fruit juice,” which they do not further specify. Would you trust a fruit snack that barely uses any fruit juice to flavor their snacks?

It is very hard to have a favorite Mott’s gummy, but it is quite simple to realize that nothing tops Mott’s. Neither Welch’s nor Scooby-Doo fruit snacks have the healthiness, tastiness, or chewiness that Mott’s offers. A common case against Mott’s is that they lack the best flavor: blue raspberry. Scooby-Doo fruit snacks did offer a blue raspberry fruit snack, but they have since removed this flavor, making Scooby-Doo fruit snacks essentially irrelevant. Instead of focusing on creating one very tasty fruit snack like the Scooby-Doo fruit snacks, Mott’s has gone above and beyond and has made every one of their fruit snacks the absolute best. 

Most fruit snacks are either made purely of fruit puree or processed fruits, but Mott’s has found a way to reach the perfect equilibrium by using a combination of fruit puree and fruit juice concentrate. No longer do you have to suffer through eating bad-tasting fruit snacks to try and be healthy. No longer do you have to worry about unhealthy, sugary fruit snacks giving you cavities. Mott’s fruit snacks are here to provide an excellent experience that you will surely enjoy.