Nordic expresses gratitude

The season of gratitude has descended upon us all and the Nordic News staff have realized there are countless things to be thankful for. Here are just a few of those things that make us Nords feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Junior Cathy Zhao 

I’m thankful for my parents and how understanding they try to be.”

Senior Ella Barnard

“I’m thankful for all my friends and family who support me in everything I do and stand by my choices. They are always there when I need them and always have my back. I’m thankful for all the amazing opportunities I’ve gotten over the years and  all the amazing people I have met and gotten to know.”

Junior Margaret He

“I’m thankful for hummus.”

Junior Rory Knettles

“[I’m thankful for] my track coach, my crazy family, my best friend and boyfriend (Kyler) and my nords!”

Junior Mia Tavares

“I’m super thankful for boba and my dad!”

Sophomore Kellen Hoard

“I am thankful for the website cafepress.com/kellensmerch which has given me immense happiness.”

Junior Miles Gelatt

“[I’m thankful for] NORDIC!”

Junior Ishika Kaushik

“I’m thankful for my amazing friends and family, my house and the fact that I have food to eat everyday.”

Sophomore Mireya Avalos

I’m thankful for my best friend and as cliché as that sounds, I couldn’t tell you how forever grateful i will always be for her. I really try and appreciate her every day.”

Junior Sofia Leotta

“I am thankful for my family and friends for always being there to brighten up my day!”

Senior Rahima Baluch

“I am thankful for this year’s Nordic staff and all their hard work as well as all the support school admin and teachers have given me. Also food.”

Junior Minita Layal

“[I’m thankful for] my family and friends.”

Senior Gabe Kramer

“[I’m thankful for] all the friends I’ve made at IHS in the past 2 years or so, the opportunity to work with nordic and have stuff I wrote spread all around school and my girlfriend.”

Sophomore Priya Annapureddy

“I know this is basic, but [I’m thankful for] my family and friends for sure; they challenge me to be my best and I know they’ll always be there for me. Also the chance to travel. I’ve been lucky enough to travel all over the world the past to years and it’s been such a good experience—an eye opener for sure. Everyone should get that chance.”

Senior Sonya Sheptunov

“[I’m thankful for] (in no particular order) pad thai, friends that stick by your side, days that are rainy but you can still see the sun, warm and fuzzy blankets, clean sweatshirts that smell like detergent.”

Junior Margaret He

“[I’m thankful for] having a roof over my head and enough to eat.”

Junior Nathan Guest

“I am thankful for an amazing family and a warm community!”

Junior Eli Shafer

“I am thankful for my teachers and friends and the many opportunities they both give me.”

Senior Aditi Jain

“I am thankful for my amazing friends, Nordic and my family. I am also thankful that I have everything I need.”

Junior Selin Asan 

“I’m thankful for getting an education, having the bestest friends, an amazing family and food (especially pasta because that stuff slaps)—also my Nordic fam cuz they’re awesome and make me happy.”

Senior Caden Pavlovski

“I’m thankful for being where I am today, enjoying my life, I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Junior Divya Akkiraju

“I’m thankful for all the opportunities I’ve been given over the past few months.”

Sophomore Tammi Tran

“I’m thankful for Boba! And my family and friends.”

View Comments (1)