All about cookies

With the holiday season in full swing, these unique treats will satisfy your sweet tooth

Salted Caramel Cookies

You are finally rewarded with the snow day that you hav

e been hoping for and you can’t leave the house, but you have an unquenchable desire for a salted caramel mocha at your favorite café. What do you do? Make these cookies, of course! The mixture of the various flavors will excite your taste buds and satisfy your cravings for salty and sweet. If you are not a huge fan of salt, replace the sprinkle of salt with a pinch of powdered sugar. These cookies are a playful variation on the traditional shortbread cookie and make perfect gifts for both friends and family. This treat received a 4 out of 5 cookie rating.

Ingredients you will need: butter, sugar, vanilla, all-purpose flour, caramels, milk, semisweet chocolate and coarse salt.

chaicookies

Chai Tea Spice Cookies

Are you looking for a batch of cookies that are sugar, spice and everything nice? These chai spice cookies are unusual, daring and will add a special flare to a holiday cookie plate. These treats melt in your mouth and taste even better with milk. If you aren’t well acquainted with the taste of chai and other spices, add more sugar to the dough and decrease the amount of spice. Step aside, sugar cookies, there is a new cookie in town this holiday season. This cookie received a 4.5 out of 5 cookie rating.

Ingredients you will need: butter, powdered sugar, all-purpose flour, ground cardamom, ground allspice, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, ground cloves, salt, vanilla and egg yolks.

smores

S’mores Cookie Bars

During the winter, it can be too cold to go sit outside by a warm fire, roasting s’mores with friends. If you are craving that summer treat, this recipe is perfect for you. While biting into this s’mores cookie bar, you instantly taste chocolate and marshmallows. With this recipe, you can taste a new kind of winter s’more. “The graham cracker crust at the bottom was a really nice texture that was satisfying to chew,” junior Valerie Cid said. The savory taste from each bite is unique and different from the usual chocolate chip cookie. This cookie received a 5!

Ingredients you will need: all-purpose flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, salt, butter, eggs, marshmallows or marshmallow topping and milk chocolate chips.

All recipes can be found on the Nordic News facebook page