• Have a great summer Viks!
  • Congratulations to Jadie Hwang for placing 2nd in the WSPTA Relections in Literature!
  • Congratulations to the Inglemoor Crew Women’s 4+ boat for winning 5th at the US Rowing Youth National Championships!
  • Congratulations to National Merit Scholarship Recipient Senior Bennett Ye!
  • Congratulations to senior Ava Espiritu who won the League of Women Voters’s video contest!

The gist of your summer bucket list

As your seasonal depression fades away and the weather becomes warmer, you’re faced with the dilemma of how to spend your time this summer. Don’t stress! Nordic has carefully curated an assortment of activities to cross off your summer bucket list to make the most out of those two school-free months.

Beach Day!

Downtown Kirkland is a great place to spend time by the lake with your friends! Some great places to soak up the sun include Marsh Park, Houghton Beach Park and Waverly Beach Park. To avoid hectic parking, try your best to get there early.

Hike

Going on a hike is a fun way to get outdoors while getting some exercise. Lake 22 in Granite Falls is a 5.9 moderatley challenging trail and Rattlesnake in Snoqualmie is a 4 mile round trip trail which would be a good option for beginners.

Camping Trip

The best way to enjoy the Washington outdoors is to fully immerse yourself in it. Grab your tents and camp near Lake Chelan or a national park like Mount Rainier or Olympic.

Go to a Festival

Looking to socialize with new people while listening to great music? Attend the various Seattle-based festivals this summer! Some options include the Capitol Hill Block Party, Day In Day Out Fest and BLASTFEST. 

Downtown Seattle Day Trip

If you’re already planning to attend a festival downtown, why not make a day out of it? You could take a ride on the ferris wheel or buy tickets for a baseball game. Go thrifting in Fremont or eat great food and take pictures at Pike Place Market.

Road Trip

Who doesn’t love going on a drive while blasting music with the windows down? Get to your next destination with friends and family by car. You could drive up North and stop in Bellingham on the way to Vancouver, Canada. Or you could drive down South to Oregon and go to Cannon Beach.

Farmers Market 

Stop by a local farmers market and support small businesses in the Seattle area. The Yakima Fruit Market has fresh produce and a nursery, while the Juanita Friday Market hosts many different vendors with food, clothing and jewelry. 

Fair

Looking for a change of scenery and some free stuffed animals? Drive down to the annual Washington State Fair, take a ferry for an exciting trip to the Whidbey Fair or embrace the greenery and visit the Evergreen State Fair.

Summer Job

Lack of school responsibilities leaves extra space to make some good money. Find yourself a stress-free job to occupy your time such as an ice-cream scooper or a retail worker. 

BBQ/Cookout

Fire up the grill and grab your hotdogs and burgers! Set up a barbecue to socialize in the sun while devouring some delicious food in your backyard or a local park.

Bonfires

Although it’s hot during the day, the night time tends to get chilly. Warm up around a fun beach bonfire with your friends and family. Enjoy the sunset and pack plenty of graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate to roast smores!

Internships

As high schoolers are nearing college, students are scrambling to add extracurriculars to their college applications. Use your free time in the summer to find an internship that interests you. 

Travel

Fly to a new city or take a train to a nearby town, whether it’s an hour away or across the country. Go on an adventure, immerse yourself in a new culture, meet new people or take time to relax.